The tower crane is one of the most important tool within the building construction process because this is the crane that transport materials inside the working area.
Depending on the heigth, jib and charge capacity, we classify them by their mobility. There are two types:
- Fixed: cranes that not include among their functions the translation operation
- Supported: are the ones that fix their gravity by ballast located in the base.
- Anchored: are the ones that fix their gravity by a concrete anchorage. The first part of their structure is buried in the concrete.
- Movable: are the ones that are able to move by themselves
- With translation: normally with a rail fixed to the floor
- Climber: these are able to rise by themselves using climber systems (cables or zippers) to the building that is being built.
- Telescopic: These are able to rise by themselves lengthing by wide and narrow sections put within others.